Section 15 of the Iqbal Academy Ordinance provides that Persons interested in the study of Iqbal’s works may become Members of the Academy if they are elected thereto in the prescribed manner. Following is the prescribed manner to become a Member of the Academy.
1) Any person interested in promoting the understanding of the works and teachings of Iqbal may become a Member of the Academy.
2) Applications for Membership shall be made on the prescribed form (Annexure-I) and should be duly proposed by a Member of the Academy.
3) The Director of the Academy shall approve applications for Membership.
4) The Fee for Membership will be Rs. 300 (Rupees Three Hundred) for a Member residing in Pakistan. The membership fee for Members residing outside Pakistan will be 50 US Dollars (Fifty dollars) or equivalent.
5) The Director of the Academy may cancel the Membership of a Member for the reasons given here asunder:
a. If he (the Member) becomes of unsound mind;
b. If he becomes insolvent;
c. If he is convicted for an offence involving moral turpitude, or
d. The Director satisfies himself that the activities of a Member are harmful to the cause of the Academy.