Section 14 (2) of the Iqbal Academy Ordinance provides that any Member may become a Life-Member on fulfilling the conditions prescribed in this behalf. Following are the Conditions for the Life-Membership.
Any person interested in promoting the understanding of the works and teachings of Iqbal may become a Life-Member of the Academy provided:
- He/she is a Graduate from a recognized University or possesses an equivalent qualification.
- He/she has publications (books/articles) of quality to his/her credit in the field of Iqbal Studies or allied disciplines.
- Applications for Life-Membership shall be made on the prescribed form (Annexure-I) and should be duly proposed by a Life-Member of the Academy.
- The Executive Committee of the Academy shall approve the applications for Life-Membership.
- The Fee for Life-Membership will be Rs. 5000 (Rupees Five Thousand) for a Member residing in Pakistan. The membership fee for Members residing outside Pakistan will be 500 US Dollars ($ Five Hundred dollars)
- The Executive Committee of the Academy may cancel, with a vote of majority, the Membership of a Life-Member for the reasons that are to be recorded. The reasons could be as mentioned hereunder:
(a) If he (the Member) becomes of unsound mind;
(b) If he becomes insolvent;
(c) If he is convicted for an offence involving moral turpitude, or
(d) The Executive Committee, by a resolution, expels him for his activities harmful to the cause of the Academy